Thursday, May 16, 2019

Explain this to me

Explain this to me. A dose of sperm is necessary to get the baby-making process started. But as soon as abortion is under consideration, the discussion of the role of the father seems to disappear. Does this mean the father is off the hook? Does it mean the father has no responsibility any more? Does this mean the father has no interest in raising the child as his own? What should be expected of the father?

These are reasonable questions, because if any of these current fetal heartbeat bills actually become law, children will be born and their parents, both mother and father, will need to know what the law expects of them. Beyond the law, this would test the moral framework of both parents.


I am pro-choice. But I am also pro-responsibility and pro-child. So explain this to me.

No comments: