Here are some observations on contemorary art:
1. Beauty is not just pretty anymore.
2. You can't get vaccinated against it.
3. It's nothing you learned in school.
4.It's just as susceptible to market forces, fads, superficiality, spectacle, arrogance, triviality and fashion as any other part of society.
5. It's vastly more important than most people think.
6. Contemporary artists must be responsible for their work and its consequences.
7. We have to own it; it's the art of our time.
8.Wrestling with it is a hell of a lot of fun.
9. You don't have to like it all.
10. You should mistrust the one-night stand.