Thursday, September 27, 2018

The privilege of Brett Kavanaugh

Why do I keep talking about this stuff? Because the country is.
I am white, but I grew up poor. So I only had advantage, not privilege. My education was good because I worked at it. Public schools all the way. I went to a respected university on scholarship. I had the character to control my sexual impulses and drinking. Nothing to hide, no one hurt.
This is why I am in no mood to go easy Brett Kavanaugh. He had a privileged education, which obviously did not provide him with the character to resist excessive drinking and dick wagging. In fact, it was probably his privilege that made him believe he could behave this way dismissively and without consequences.

I abhor recent sentences for rape by young white men who are given a slap on the wrist simply because of white privilege. One of the highest government positions in the land should be given as a consequence of the highest behavior in the land.

No comments: