Saturday, May 12, 2018

Today's Homily

Today’s Homily/The Holy Church of Art
Brothers and sisters in art, beware art’s insidious demons. They insinuate themselves onto the walls of homes in the form of country barns, sunsets and pots of geraniums. In the blink of an eye, the house becomes filled with wallpaper alive with bunnies and strangled geese, and Precious Moment collectables abound.
I know these demons personally. Let me share a true story. Many years ago, I was doing decoupage. People loved it and wanted it for their homes. But one day, sitting beneath a giant oak tree in New Orleans, the God/Goddess of Art appeared to me and said, “Why in the hell are you making that shit? Stop it. Now.” I listened.
Yes, I have fallen off the wagon. Not often, and I have always gotten back on. I have stayed the path and made the art. This is my testimony.
Brothers and sisters, no matter how you have strayed or given in to your art demons, the Goddess/God of Art will welcome back into the fold.t

No comments: