Saturday, June 26, 2021

Violence

 I’m sick of all of it. I’m sick of white policemen killing black citizens. I’m sick of white men with AK-47’s killing whoever they decide to. I’m sick of black men who kill black children. I’m sick of workers who use grudges to murder their colleagues. I’m sick of murder based on ethnic and religious hatred. I’m sick of men who rape and physically abuse women. I’m sick of bullies. I’m sick of entertainment media that make murder glamorous and macho. I’m sick of Congress who are impotent in passing strong gun control legislation.

We have to recognize that in America we communicate through violence. It’s the language we to frequently use when we are angry, when we are frustrated, when we feel inadequate, when we have grudges, when we lack attention, when we don’t get what we want.

We try to deal with all the individual situations and transgressions, but until we confront our obsession with violence, our solutions will only be partial.


No comments: