Saturday, December 8, 2018

What toll?

Almost every morning when I read the newspaper, I have to convince myself that the election of Donald Trump was not just a bad dream. From the start of his campaign for President to the current day, his own overt behavior has demonstrated that he is a narcissist, a manipulator of the truth, a bully and someone with no moral compass.

I ask myself then, what toll must it take on those who continue to support him? What toll on their personal values? What toll on the way they think of American values? What toll as they allow their decency to be pushed aside by his rhetoric of anger, bigotry and spite?

Not even the Congress is immune to his warped thinking, which denies climate change, ignores the world order, resists sensible gun control, weakens legislation that aims at the control of air and water pollution and confirms a cabinet of crooks.


What toll?

No comments: