Thursday, December 29, 2022

Highway Poems

 Highway Poems


Measured asphalt hours
Signs are jewels only to the sun
Cradling instants of memory

Egg for breakfast on my retina
Sunny side up

The sun is a warm trace
On my chest
The path of her last-night-goodbye lips
I took off my shirt to remember

Eyes sleeping closed
Hands sleeping crossed
I spoke moistened poems
On her breasts and nipples

Telephone wires
Bread slicing loaves of clouds
Jet-scar trails
On the smooth blue
Skin of heaven

Wood frame stories
Of living and dying
Gingerbread once iced their frames
Now iced with flaking paint
Proud beggars at the roadside
Stray dogs in their lap
Children’s voices in the wind


The sun passes geometrically
In my rearview mirror
A message from Copernicus
Its last dying strokes
Transported on the long trucks

No comments: