Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Childhood memories

Childhood memories
I played in streets filled with rubble.
I got shot on the sidewalk in front of my house.
My belly got bloated from hunger.
I waited a day on my roof to get rescued from the flood waters.
I lost both legs in a suicide bombing.
I was kidnapped to become of child soldier.
I had to wait for the rebels to leave so I could go back to school.
My mother was killed in a drone attack.
I lived too far from a hospital to get medical care.
I spent a day under the rubble of an earthquake.
I had no clean water to drink.
I lived many years in a refuge camp.
I became dehydrated in the desert trying to reach the border.
I was sold into the sex trade by my father.
I was bullied at school because of my disability.
What was your childhood like?


No comments: