Thursday, January 4, 2018

Shoes and beauty

A have always been a fan of the absurdity of style and beauty in America. So I thought I would pass on some of that from the Thursday Style section of today’s NY Times.

Some quotes from actress Olivia Stone (?) about her beauty regimen, which might help those average American moms.

In the morning, “I spritz on some True Botanicals Nutrient Mist.”
“I’ve been using this body lotion that has CBD from marijuana.”
“Lately I have eyelash extensions. I’m wrangling two kids, two dogs and a job. If there’s a step I can skip, that’s great.”
“I really like the Glossier Stretch Concealer.”
“The Marc Jacobs eyebrow pencil…can mimic individual hairs.”
“I go to Modrn Sanctuary in NoMad…They also have physical therapy, a chiropractor and a salt room.”
My sister-in-law has a Friday night dance party that is really amazing. It’s a rally good workout but also a scene.’

Also in the same section, collector’s talk about their sneakers.

How much would you pay for sneakers? “I found a pair on Ebay for $33,000, but I talked them down to $27,000.”
“My sisters and I have over 6000 pairs, but we stopped counting.”
“We store our collection in an air-conditioned, low-humidity storage room.”


No comments: