Sunday, April 3, 2022

Primordial

 As I present this poem to you, I am wearing my tight black leather pants that stop just above the ankle. Sockless, I’m also wearing bright red high top tennis shoes. My belt is green leather with an elaborate buckle. I’m shirtless, but I have a lycra vest that reveals my ample chest hair. I’m accessorized with a few gold chains, a nose ring and earring. And of course, neck and arm are decorated with skulls and wings. Finally, orange hair. I hope this image helps you appreciate my poem.


The DNA in the primordial pond

Did not think of me

But I think of it

In my drive to reproduce

And in my garden

And the surprise of a chameleon 

The time from there to me

Remains mysterious

And so am I and so are you

And yet we live as if

It’s just another show that

We attend, applaud, go home

As if there were no possibility

Of a miracle in your backyard


No comments: