Monday, February 18, 2019

The rules don't apply to me

Sometimes unfair rules must be broken by individuals of courage, e.g. Colin Kaepernick. But then there are the rules-don’t-apply-to-me folks led by our President.
I can cheat on my taxes because the rules don’t apply to me.
I can make my Oscars thank you speech as long as I want because the rules don’t apply to me.
I can throw my fast food trash out the car window because the rules don’t apply to me.
I can lie about my child’s age because the rules don’t apply to me.
I can stop my car in the middle of the street to chat because the rules don’t apply to me.
I can graffiti the bathroom walls because the rules don’t apply to me.
I can drive drunk because the rules don’t apply to me.

The list goes on, and it annoys the hell our of me.

No comments: