Monday, July 12, 2021

Frog Princess

 A free, short bedtime story.

Obviously, I’m a frog. Green, speckled, slimy. But in my defense, I have gorgeous eyes, I like to sing at night and I can jump like an Olympic high jumper. 

I’m on a mission. I want to kiss a princess and turn her into a frog. It’s not what you think. Not revenge for my species. I just think I deserve a little princessness in my life.

I know where the castle is. And certainly the moat is not a problem for me. But how to get in? Luckily (?) the King loves frog legs. I nestled myself among my unfortunate mates in the Bernaise sauce. At the perfect moment, I flung out my ample tongue, and kissed the lips of the surprised Princess.

In a poof, she turned into the loveliest of frogs, and joined me in the sauce. To the horror of the court, we hopped hurriedly away and croaked happily after.


No comments: