Thursday, July 2, 2020

I've crossed the equator

I’ve crossed the equator in a ship, but I’ve never been to China.
I found a dead person, but I’ve never killed anyone.
I never said “fuck” until my late 20’s, but I like saying it now.
I made a First Friday Novena, but I look for God other places now.
I’ve been on top of a mountain, but I still haven’t seen far enough.
I’ve had sex, but I’ve never been voted world’s sexiest man.
I’ve had a mental illness, so now I’m very suspicious of reality.
I’m not afraid of dying, because I’ve accepted my place in the universe.
I know what quantum mechanics, the General Theory of Relativity and the Theory of             Evolution by Natural Selection are, and I still think the universe is mysterious.
If I tell you I know who I am, it’s a lie.
I love children, so I cringe at what we do to them.
I like to think, but I don’t always have the courage to believe what I think.
I need things, but I make sure they don’t control me.
I know there are voices that must absolutely be listened to and others that should never be heard.
I believe in love, but I have a hell of a time figuring out what it really is.
I’m compelled to believe in God, but God keeps shape shifting on me.


No comments: