Monday, May 2, 2016

Mud

Evolution wise, it took us a long time to get out of the pond and onto the mud. Kids love to play in the mud, especially boys on the T-ball field. Slosh around in it, bring it into the house, wear it. The number of adult mudders is growing in the mudder competition obstacle courses.

I like mud myself. When I garden, I don't usually wear gloves. I like to dig into the dirt with my hands, tussle with the weeds, press the new plants into the ground and tamp them down. I can't imagine not "getting my hands dirty," as the saying goes, especially in this world of so much touch-based technology. Just to come in after hours playing in the mud and wash my hands with lava soap. Feels great.

Mud is good for the hands, good for the heart, good for the head, good for the soul.

No comments: