Sunday, December 13, 2020

Christmas silliness

 Ding dong ding dong

Someone at the door

The man was dressed in red and white

His beard hung to the floor

His sleigh and dozen reindeer

Were parked upon my grass

His load of wrapped up presents

Left me quite aghast

Hello, he said, champagne for me

The reindeer need snack

We’re hardly half way through the trip

And I’ve trouble with my back

Your chimney’s filled with soot and muck

I couldn’t wiggle down

Loose shingles made the reindeer slip

And the sleigh slid all around

He laughed and said, but that’s okay

It’s Christmas time, you know

Even dummies make me smile

When there’s colored lights and snow

So where’s the champagne that I need

Fa la, I’ll take the bottle

That will send me on my way

With joy and at full throttle


No comments: