Sunday, November 26, 2017

Common objects

In the Sunday Style section of today’s NY Times, I learned that I could purchase plates, mugs, table napkins, place mats and more with images of artists like Louise Bourgeois, Kehinde Wiley, Alex Katz, Jeff Koons and others for prices from $30 to $500.
This knowledge encouraged me to get off my elitist high horse of art, and try this out for myself. So I ‘m planning the following:
TABLE NAPKINS: Guests can wipe their mouths on some of my images.
DINNER PLATES: Images of mine will get sparkling clean in the dishwasher.
UNDERWEAR: My images will greet purchasers after a warm shower and keep their genitals comfy.
CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS: My images screened on snowflakes will make for a joyous season.
SALT AND PEPPERS SHAKERS: A matched set of anatomical ceramic heads with birds and clouds will complete the perfect table seting.
I think the list might be endless, so look for them on Amazon.

No comments: