Friday, May 27, 2022

SRO

 My son is an SRO (school resource officer), so I know the range of skills and expectations that are a part of this job. This is why I see the recent school shooting as such a tragic and confused incident, it’s a sadly human drama. Dead children, a door left open, an 18-year-old with an assault weapon, law enforcement making poor choices.

My question is who would really suffer if all assault weapons were banned? Only those who make the profits and receive the campaign contributions in my estimation. It would make me feel better to know people with weapons of war were not roaming the streets.

Ted Cruz, Donald Trump and Gregg Abbott all have lame reasons why serious gun control is not necessary. It’s the fault of the schools because they don’t spend their resources to get all the students and teachers combat ready. It the fault of the mental health system because it’s not able to identify every possible mass shooter. It’s that the Second Amendment must be protected in its purity or else the threat to freedom is imminent.


No comments: