Friday, July 5, 2013

Why I like to hang out with young people

They don't talk about their bowels, their knees, their backs, their lugs or their cellulite.

They remind me of when I was invincible and knew it all, but was really just an asshole most of the time.

They remind me that the world is going to change, and there's not a damn thing I can do about it.

I like the flagrant display (through clothes, hair, tattoos, and cool smoking poses) of attitude as if this is what will get them where they want to go in life.

I like their openness to possibility in the face of what reality appears to offer.

I like their sense of humor.

I like the innocence behind their grown up masks.

I admire the way they juggle all that is thrown at them, most of which the adults didn't prepare them for.

They're fun to be around.

No comments: