Saturday, April 13, 2013

Me

I don't know about you, but I enjoy basking in my me-ness. Science tells me that among all the billions and billions of humans who have lived on the Earth and will ever live on the Earth, I am unique. That's enough for me to feel affirmed in my me-ness. My life, my interests, my needs, my birthday (you get it) are plenty enough to keep me busy.

Since science also tells me that in the universe there is no center or that any point can be the center, I'll just choose me as the center of the universe. Why not? It makes sense to me from the me-ness perspective by which I view the world.

Sadly, that means that I have little time for you and your you-ness. In my efforts to express the freedom of my me-ness, you usually don't calculate. And, of course, that leaves even less time for us and our us-ness. But that's okay, since clearly there is no "u" in "m e."

No comments: