Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Connected

 Here I am in the middle of my little world, surrounded by family, friends, colleagues and former students. I quickly zip past all the celebrity news and read the obituary page of the New York Times. I recall my readings about Jane Goodall, Rosalind Franklin, Shirley Chisolm, William Kentridge, ER doctors and nurses, the sanitation worker who served his neighborhood for 30 years, the UPS driver who personally connected to his clients, the SRO who was there for all of his community. The list is endless.


I am glad that I left the door to my mind relatively  worth that society assigned to them. It was they fact that what they chose as their life work they did with passion, dedication, competence and a genuine desire to serve.


That’s what I tried to do in my teaching and my art. What about you?





No comments: