Saturday, March 16, 2013

Creativity, again

First, let's get this out of the way. Artist=creativity. Nope. Just look around. Thomas Kinkade. Your last motel room. McDonald's. There are lots of hack artists around. Most people like what they know, and that's what these artists give them. A creative artist is after what s/he doesn't know.

If I start to think about my definition of creativity, I'm not sure it's one I could live up to myself. So let me try to concoct one. In fact, creativity is a concoction, a concoction shaken not stirred, and with not precise recipe. In go the ingredients: curiosity, passion, persistence, insight, foresight, the courage to never stop searching, a belief in oneself that, even when it falters, never gives up and humility before the world.

Okay, that's my definition for now. What's yours?

No comments: